main header picture

Important Information

UPDATED: April, 2022

In-person classes and events

All students may attend in-person classes and events  Medical masks are recommended indoors.  

  • To minimize the possibility of spreading the virus, please don’t come to work if you develop any symptoms of respiratory illness including – fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste, or smell. Make sure to communicate that to your supervisor.
  • It is strongly recommended to get tested (even if you are vaccinated) once you develop symptoms.
  • Report positive test through immediately. 
  • Contact your GP to be informed about the next steps on how to finish self-isolation. 
  • To minimize the possibility of spreading the virus, please don’t come to work if you develop any symptoms of respiratory illness including – fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste, or smell. Make sure to communicate that to your supervisor.
  • It is strongly recommended to get tested (even if you are vaccinated) once you develop symptoms.
  • Report positive test through immediately. 
  • Contact your GP to be informed about the next steps on how to finish self-isolation. 

How to a EU Digital certificate?

  • If you have TRP and were vaccinated/had COVID in Lithuania the EU Digital Certificate can be downloaded online (if you have Bank ID). 
  • If you have VISA D / do not yet have a personal code but were vaccinated/had COVID in Lithuania you may get an EU digital COVID certificate at Jurininku PSPC (room 23) on workdays from 9:00-11:00 and from 14:00 to 16:00. You need to bring 2 documents: 1. Your passport 2. Vaccination card.    Once the docs are checked, they will issue an international certificate. Cost is 7.50 EUR. You can pay by cash or card. If you have antibodies, we will accept the lab result, you may not get a G-pass yet. 
  • If you were vaccinated or recovered from COVID outside of Lithuania you may need to have it integrated with the Lithuanian health system first.  Call 1808 for more information. The official document issued by a foreign medical institution confirming vaccination with EU-approved vaccine or recovery from COVID-19 must be translated to Lithuanian or English. 
  • EU COVID Certificate is valid for  270 days after vaccination and 180 days after positive PCR test. For more info: Section Vaccination information 
  • All questions about this process should be directed to 1808.

We have a contract with Lab Medicina Practica: address: Šilutės pl. 38. They offer a discounted rate for both antibody and antigen testing. For all students, staff, and faculty it’s 16 EUR for any of these tests. Call 370 5 250 7744 or email 3 workdays in advance. 

The results will be available in and also will be sent to email. It is necessary to indicate the e-mail and Lithuanian telephone number.  After receiving the result, you will need to enter the code you will receive via SMS. We recommend that you save the PDF copy of the result so that you do not have to enter the code each time. 

Other labs:

  • Antėja: 8 700 55511, Address: Priestočio g. 16. Speaks: English; 
  • Uosto Poliklinika: 370 640 21277 (When listening to the menu, press 3), Address: Dragūnų g. 2. Speaks: Russian Or Lithuanian. 

COVID Case Response

PART A: COVID Symptoms

Testing is required if you have ONE of the symptoms (even if it feels like a minor cold): 37.4+C fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell regardless of your vaccination status. 

  • Isolate yourself in your room. If on-campus, Call RDonDuty y 370 643 45 644. 
  • Call 1808 to register for a test. 
  • Fill out Form.
  • Call BOLT to get to the testing site. 
  • If on-campus, call RDonDuty to confirm the result (negative/positive).  
  • If positive see part C. If negative – contact RDonDuty to arrange to leave self-isolation.  

PART B: Direct Exposure to Positive Case

If you are sharing a room/apartment with someone who tested positive, you do not need to isolate but you need to: 

  • monitor health and perform rapid self-monitoring antigen tests,
  • avoid physical contact and wear a mask
  • If symptoms appear, see Part A. 

PART C: Confirmed COVID Positive Case

  • Fill out  (if you did not fill it out previously). 
  • Register with the family doctor (Lithuanian, employed) within 72 hours after testing positive. If you do not have a family doctor, fill out the Medical Assistance for Covid positive form. Failure to register immediately after the test may extend your isolation. Request medical record of recovery.   
  • Isolation is required until cleared by a doctor (4 days from onset of symptoms OR test date of a positive result).    
  • Provide the doctor's record to Front Desk Manager in order to end self-isolation by uploading it to Immunity status on erezlife. 

VACCINATION information

  • Vaccination in Lithuania is open to the general public. It is available for Lithuanian citizens and foreigners with EU passports, visa D, and TRP.  You can register online if you have a bank ID or mobile signature. If you don't, you will be able to register by calling 1808. All adults (over 18) may receive a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine after 3 months from the last dose. 
  • Locations: 
  • 1. At the primary care center where your Family doctor works. Many private institutions organize vaccinations on their own premises. Information on where to get vaccinated can be seen by registering at the central system or by registering by telephone. For additional information, contact the Primary Care Centers: PCPC CONTACTS.
  • 2. Eurovaistinė, located in the shopping center Akropolis, Taikos ave. 61. Vaccination against COVID-19 at Eurovaistina takes place on Sundays. Registration on or tel. 1808
  • EU COVID pass is valid for 270 days after vaccination.  

Arrival to Lithuania

No restrictions for arrival from European Economic Area (EEA) States (EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway), the Swiss Confederation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Principality of Andorra, the Principality of Monaco, the Republic of San Marino and the Republic of San Marino Countries). 

  • no need to fill in the passenger form (QR code) on the website of the National Center for Public Health (NVSC); 
  • no need to test for COVID-19 even if the person has not been vaccinated or is ill; 
  • no need to isolate.

Persons arriving / returning to Lithuania from other countries must have an e-mail confirmation of the completed electronic questionnaire  (QR code) and meet the below requirement: 

Immunity criteria: 

  • Vaccination with an EU-approved vaccine against COVID-19 (14 days after last shot; valid for 270 days)
  • Recovery from COVID  (valid  for 180 days)
  • Negative test 72 hrs (PCR) or 48 hrs (antigen)

You need to have an official medical document from the doctor that would confirm the DATE of your infection and that it was diagnosed with a PCR test (not an antibody test). The document must be in English and presented at the border.  If you were vaccinated, bring an internationally recognized vaccine certificate. Upload confirmation of your immunity to the Immunity Status to eRezlife. No isolation is required.  

If you are looking for off-campus accommodation either short-term or for the rest of the semester, we have reached out to a few places, and here are the details. Think about who you want to share a room with before you email to book the whole room. 

  • Gero Vejo Namai (former Mana). Accommodation term - until 2022. May. There are 5 rooms and 2 shared toilets with showers and a kitchen. The price of the room is 260 eur / month (if one person lives), or 160 eur (if shared by two). The price includes all additional charges, i.e. heating, electricity, water, wifi. Deposit for 1-month rent. Fees also included cleaning of common areas and toilets, bed linen, and its regular exchange. Photos.  Email:;  
  • Pranciskan guest house. Total for a triple per month 525 eur, total quadruple per month 550 eur. Loft-style rooms -total triple per month 550 eur,  total quadruple per month  600 eur. The guest house has free WIFI. Each room has a mini-fridge, kettle, cups, shower, towels. Towels are changed twice a week, the room is completely tidied, changing clean bed linen, once a week. Photos  Email Vaida Piščikė 
  • Kubu Guest House. Per night: 20 EUR. Per month per studio (2-3 people) - from 450. Email  

You can also reach out to StuCo they have previously developed useful resources for students looking for off-campus accommodation. Check here and here. While they will not be finding an apartment for you but definitely can provide assistance and give advice. 


# of Days
Travel 0 Off campus (must inform us)
Direct Exposure 0 Student Choice
Suspected Positive until Negative PCR test obtained Student Choice
Confirmed Positive upon doctor release (at least 4 days from symptoms onset or positive COVID test) Student Choice


  • Remain in your room
  • Maintain a 2-meter distance as much as possible
  • Refrain from accepting guests
  • Ventilate the room every 2 hours (open window for 10 minutes)
  • Wash hands with soap and water often
  • Disinfect  used surfaces daily
  • Wash dishes with hot water and regular detergents
  • Follow the cough-sneeze etiquette: cover your mouth with your elbow (not palm) or a napkin that you dispose of afterward

Access Restrictions:

During isolation, you will not have access to the following:

  • Thermometer
  • Medication
  • Kitchen
  • Stores
  • Laundry
  • Smoking Hut
  • Storage

Please plan accordingly.

Cell Phone SIM Card:

All students are expected to set up a Lithuanian SIM phone number because the Lithuanian government only communicates via SMS to a Lithuanian cellular phone number.

Land Line Phone:

Rooms are equipped with a land line phone that can dial reception with any questions.

  • Neumann 3000 
  • Enns 4000


  • I cannot arrive due to Migration issues, what should I do? Unfortunately, there is no remote option for LCC students. The student must consider taking academic leave or should explore other ways to arrive in time to begin attending classes in-person prior to the deadline (the 4th day of add/drop week). In the latter case, a student needs to fill out a Late Arrival Request Form
  • I have not been to Lithuania recently and no longer have TRP, what should I do? You will need to get a visa D to arrive to Lithuania and then apply for a TRP card.   
  • How long can I stay in another EU country for the semester with Lithuanian TRP? A foreigner holding a valid national visa (D) or TRP may travel the territories of other states of the Schengen Area, but no more than 90 days within any 180-day period. Please use this calculator to count how many days you already spent from the first entry into Schengen. Violation of 90/180 rule can result in fines, immediate deportation, or even getting banned from entering the Schengen Zone for a specific amount of time.  
  • What if I can’t submit my documents for TRP re-application, what does it mean for me? Every situation is different. Mainly if students cannot Reapply for TRP, they have to apply for a Visa D if they will plan to come back and study in LCC. 
  • Can the document for TRP be submitted online? Process of TRP application stays the same: You have to submit documents online and then take them for your appointment to Migration Department. ONLY online application is not possible. 
  • During the quarantine, how does the local Migration office operate? All visits to the Migration department are available only by appointment which has to be done at least 24 hours in advance.  
  • How long will it take to process my application? A foreigner’s application for the issuance of the temporary residence permit must be considered not later than within 4 months from the lodging of the application, and if applied on an urgent basis – not later than within 2 months from the date of submission of the application.  
  • Can someone else collect my TRP? TRP cards can be collected ONLY by a student in person in Klaipeda’s Migration Department. It cannot be collected by another person.  
  • What is the deadline for the TRP re-application? 1,5 months before your TRP will expire. For example: if your TRP expires 2022-01-31 then the deadline for the reapplication is mid-December 2021 (as urgent order).   
  • Do I need to take original documents with me for the visit to Migration Department or scanned copies are enough to present? You must have original documents (as Financial statement, Notarized permission, passport, current TRP card, etc.) at the time of your TRP appointment in person In the Migration Department.  
  • What will happen to my TRP card if I won’t be able to collect it? It will stay in Migration Department until you will have active student status at LCC. Migration department has all right to change regulations at any time).   
  • How quickly does the Migration Office from LCC respond? Please expect ~3 working days response time to your emails as this is a very busy time. Unless we agreed on the time for an online call/appointment.   
  • Where can I find more info about TRP or Visa? On our LCC portal  
  • Can I self-isolate on campus? No, we don’t offer self-isolation mid-semester since we do not have space. You need to isolate off-campus, upload negative test results (PCR-72 hrs, antigen-48 hrs), provide your self-isolation address and provide arrival dates in the Erezlife form 
  • I currently live on campus and want to continue to live on campus in Spring 2022. What do I do? No application (or withdrawal) is necessary. Pay a housing deposit by November 19 to keep your space in the halls. 
  • I currently live on campus but do not want to live on campus in Spring 2022. What do I do? Complete the “Housing withdrawal OR Transfer request” form in eRezlife by October 29 to withdraw from Spring 2022 housing. 
  • I do not currently live on campus, but want to live on campus in Spring 2022. What do I do? Complete the Spring 2022 housing application in eRezlife by October 29 and pay the non-refundable housing deposit by November 19. 
  • I currently live on campus, wish to continue living on campus in Spring 2022, but want to change my roommates. Is it possible? No guarantee that it is possible, but complete the “Housing withdrawal OR Transfer request” form in eRezlife by October 29, and select the room-transfer option. 
  • Is winter housing available? When does it start/end? How much does it cost? The Winter housing application will open on October 18. Winter housing begins on December 18 and ends on January 5. The cost is 50 EUR regardless of how long you stay (from 1 day to the whole break). Please note that on-campus housing is only open to students with LCC Community pass.  
  • Will I need to move out during the winter break? Winter housing is available for students who cannot travel or do not plan to travel. (see Is winter housing available?). For winter housing, we may need to consolidate housing and thus move you to a new room. You will be notified of your winter space prior to the start of winter housing. 
  • I want to leave for Winter break, can I leave my belongings in my room? At this time, we are asking any student who leaves during Winter break to pack and put all items in storage.  
  • I am partially vaccinated; can I live on campus? After October 15 only immune students may stay in-on campus housing.    
  • I didn’t see my question answered here. Where can I find more information? Online or contact   
  • I plan on taking academic leave or withdrawing from LCC in Spring 2022. I have not been on campus this academic year. What about my items in storage? Per the housing policy, items in storage will be discarded 2 weeks after the start of the Spring semester, unless you inform that you are on academic leave and need to leave items longer. If you do not return to campus, you are responsible for finding someone to take your belongings out of storage before we discard them.  
  • I am struggling to meet basic needs, can I get help?  If you or someone you know needs assistance meeting basic needs, consider filling LCC Cares form. Care for our community is essential to our mission and values, especially during a global pandemic.  All information is completely confidential.  More information regarding the initiative is available online.  
  • I am struggling psychologically, who can I contact for help?  If you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed out, or depressed, you don't have to walk alone. Counseling is a safe, confidential place to talk through the stresses of life in a COVID world. Appointments are available Monday through Friday. If interested you can sign up online.  
  • I have a job and cannot arrive to study in person, what should I do?  The off-side mode was a temporary response to the pandemic, we are going back to our normal model of relational teaching and learning. You will need to decide accordingly.  
  • What happens if the Lithuanian government requires higher education institutions to move to fully remote operations? LCC would move its classes fully online until the regulation is lifted.   
  • What if I cannot arrive to Lithuania for in-person classes by January? The student must consider taking academic leave or should explore other ways to arrive in time to begin attending classes in-person prior to the deadline (the 4th day of add/drop week). In the latter case, a student needs to fill out a Late Arrival Request Form
  • When does Spring 2022 semester start? Spring 2022 semester begins on January 10, 2022. Students are expected to be in class on the first day of studies. In cases when registered students cannot begin attending classes on the first day of the semester, they must inform the Registrar‘s office by completing the Late Arrival Request form one month before the start of the semester. In these cases, students must begin attending classes no later than the fourth day of classes of the semester -- January 13, 2022. Absences for these late students count as “unexcused absences,” in accordance with the attendance policy. Late students may be unable to make up for missed work or tests, according to the discretion of the instructor. Any claim to an exception to this policy must be made in the form of an appeal letter addressed to the Academic Vice President. The complete late arrival policy is available in the LCC Catalog (p. 55). 
  • Can I take an academic leave? Yes, you need to fill out and submit an academic leave form available on LCC Portal by January 14 at the latest. Requesting academic leave after this deadline is not allowed. 
  • I will arrive in January and plan to be vaccinated; can I attend classes remotely for the first 5 weeks until I am fully immune? No, you must plan on completing self-isolation and reaching your immunity by January 10. There will be no remote/hybrid classes.   
  • Who can I talk to about my academic arrangements in Spring 22? Your Academic Advisor is the first point of contact.  
  • How can I pick up my diploma? Can someone else collect it on my behalf? You may either pick up your documents in person at the Registrar's Office (#24), or authorize (through a notary) another person to pick up the diploma on your behalf from the Registrar's Office. 
  • Where can I get help in my classes? The Student Success Center offers free, online tutoring for all students. Peer tutors will meet with you individually and help you in Psychology, Lithuanian, Math, and Writing. The writing tutors can help you with a paper or assignment for any class - not just English classes. The writing tutors can also help you with your thesis.   
  • How do I sign up for tutoring? To sign up, visit  . The tutoring schedule is updated every Friday for the following week. Currently, the Student Success Center offers writing and math tutoring. Choose the day, time, and session you would like to attend. Click “Sign Up” on the time slot you would like, click “Submit and Sign Up” at the bottom of the page, and fill out the required information. The tutor will call you through Microsoft Teams at that time.  
  • Do I need to prepare anything before tutoring? Have your assignment or homework ready so that the tutor can help you with a specific assignment. They can help you brainstorm ideas for a paper, help with homework, edit mistakes, and more.  
  • What should I do if I am failing a class? If you are failing a class, reach out to your professor and ask if there is anything you can do to catch up with their class. You should also reach out to the Academic Support Coordinator, Corrie Giffone ( She can help you make a plan for catching up on your courses.  
  • What should I do if I am on academic probation? If you are on academic probation, you will be contacted by the Academic Support Coordinator, Corrie Giffone ( On probation, you will be required to complete a variety of activities to catch up on your courses. More information can be found on the portal.  
  • I am planning to go on the exchange program in Spring 2022, will it happen?  Please follow the CIE information for outgoing students here  
  • What happens if I get sick? If you are confirmed ill, have COVID symptoms, or simply do not feel well, you should not attend class. The LCC attendance policy, found in the LCC Catalogue, covers this situation: Circumstances that result in more than 6 class hours of absences in a 6 ECTS credits course that meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, or more than 4 class hours in a 3 ECTS credits that meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays are subject to a penalty as outlined on the course syllabus up to a maximum of 15% of the final grade. The usual reduction for each excessive absence is 3% per clock hour; this means 3% per class meeting for a course that meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and 4.5% per class meeting for a course that meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (p.54). 
  • What if I do not meet any of the G-pass requirements? You will not be permitted to attend classes. Please note that you need to get an LCC Community pass in order to attend classes.  
  • Where to pick up LCC Community pass? From the Library after your documents are uploaded to erezlife. You can check with if it was sent to Library. 
  • I have a cough, but I am vaccinated, can I attend classes? No, you may not attend classes with symptoms of COVID (fever OR cough OR loss of taste/smell). You will find class materials and assignments on Moodle. Attendance policy applies. 
  • Can I get vaccinated while I am in travel self-isolation? Only if it is a second shot. You need to get NPHC permission to leave self-isolation, see info above. 
  • Can I provide antigen tests every 7-10 days to attend classes if I am not immune? You may provide antigen tests but according to g-pass requirements, this must be done every 48 hours. 
  • Can I leave for Fall break to go home if I have an antibody test? No, we do not provide self-isolation mid-semester. Antibody tests are not accepted for travel isolation exceptions.  

Resources available

We understand members of our community may be concerned and anxious. As always, if students, faculty, or staff want to get more information or wish to speak with someone about their worries, the following resources are available.

Facebook group

Set notifications in the Ms Teams "LCC Annoucments" to receive regular and timely updates. 

Email communication

Check your email frequently - LCC email is our main channel of communication


Coronavirus hotline: 1808

Other resources
  • RDonDuty +37064345644 
  • VP Academics JD Mininger 
  • VP Human Resources Natalija N. Zacharova 
  • Off-campus information: National Public Health Center hotline 1808 or tel. +370 618 79984 and +370 616 94562 
  • 1809 - Psychological support hotline/COVID19

All questions regarding self-isolation, testing, borders, etc need to be sent to 

Возник вопрос?

By using this form you agree that LCC will use your email address and name only to respond to your inquiry. Do not use the form below to submit confidential or sensitive information. Learn more about our data protection and your rights.