Clubs and officially registered organisations can organize public events on campus. In order to get their event approved and added to the LCC EVENTS CALENDAR, you have to submit the Public event request form. After the approval, you will be able to reserve space and advertise your event. If you would like to organize a public event but you are not a part of a club, we encourage you to partner with one of them in order for your event to be approved.
How to promote your activities and events?
By being an officially registered club you may use our facilities free of charge as well as use official channel of communication:
- LCC Bulletin boards: main community events are posted on the board near room 100 (A3 size only). You may also want to utilize the board opposite to Student leader lounge for promotion of your activities to new club members. Student Council to help you with colored printing.
- [e]vents Monday Newsletter. If you send your information to email@example.com by Friday noon (short description, contact person details, and a small banner), it will be a part of the newsletter.
- Events on LCC Campus. Once your event is approved and is on the master calendar, you can promote it by creating an event in the group.
Spaces and equipment
- See DeFehr Reception's Manager Elvinas who through the process of the approval of the event and will help you reserve a space. You may not reserve a space and promote your event until it is approved.
- Most of the spaces on campus have sound and video equipment installed, feel free to use it
- Make sure to re-set the room to the original set up, do not move chairs from classroom to classroom as they are set up based on the numbers of students in classes.
- Room 100 is not available for events, it’s a staff/faculty meeting room only.
- If you plan to use Neumann Lobby, you have to coordinate with ResLife staff by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to use Video/Audio equipment and lobby kitchen.
Budget for your activities and events
Work with the StuCo Club Coordinator and Treasurer Anna in filing the budget request.
Purchase eligibility requirements:
- All purchases must directly relate to the student club. Students may only purchase what they have been approved to purchase.
- Valid funding requests: hosting expenses for the events that are aimed at broader community, office, and other supplies, working materials.
- Non-valid funding requests: personal expenses, entertainment, clothing, food for club members.
- Department clubs are funded through departments.
If your event involves Fundraising, you have to get the approval by filling out this form at least one week prior to the proposed fundraiser date. If you plan to approach off-campus sponsors for support whether in cash or in-kind, please contact the Advancement office first. See Marlene’s assistant Indre for more info.
Audiovisual works on Campus
Movies may be shown on the LCC campus publicly for educational, non-commercial purposes given that the movie was obtained legally (purchased, rented, borrowed from the Library). Educational purposes are defined as occurring within a predetermined syllabus, non-formal programming (Student Life programs), and for the educational benefit of students. To honor the intellectual property rights, no audiovisual works (including movies) can be used for entertainment.
Political activity on campus
LCC International University is an apolitical institution. Direct political advertising campaigns by politicians or political parties are forbidden on campus. LCC promotes democratic traditions and ideals. Open and peaceful events are accepted, where all opinions are respected and freedom of critical thinking is expressed in academically respectful ways.